Tees Valley Apprenticeship Support Grant
Please be aware we are at this time only accepting electronic applications, postal applications will not be considered, please ensure your application form is sent to the Project Team inbox: Project.Team@teesvalley-ca.gov.uk
In the extraordinary times we find ourselves in due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Tees Valley Combined Authority would like to support businesses to help them retain as many apprentices as possible and ensure their employment continues.
We still have grant support available, the details of which can be found below. If you are a business that employs apprentices, you can find more information about Government support and guidance for employers by clicking here.
Tees Valley Combined Authority are continuing to support Apprenticeships in Tees Valley and will be offering a new Grant for Apprenticeship starts from 1st February 2020.
Tees Valley Combined Authority supports the creation of Apprenticeships in the Tees Valley areas of Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees. The support is designed to assist employers who are committed to creating new Apprenticeships or progressing their existing Apprentice onto a higher level of Apprenticeship.
Apprentices must start their learning from 1st February 2020, the Apprenticeship training must be provided by a training provider approved by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
The Grant supports SME’s who create Apprenticeships in sectors facing high demand and growth from employers as identified in the Tees Valley Strategic Economic Plan.
The Priority Sectors being supported by the Grant are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Process, Chemicals and Energy
- Health and Biologics
- Digital and Creative
- Business and Professional Services
- Health Care
- Culture and Leisure
WHAT FUNDING IS AVAILABLE?
Apprenticeship Support Grant is available to SME’s identified by Tees Valley Combined Authority as being in one of the above Priority Sectors:
- Apprentices Aged 16-18 – Grant of £3,000 is available
- Apprentices Aged 19+ – Grant of £2,000 is available
For any employers who do not fall into one of the above Priority Sectors, the following Grant is available:
- Apprentices Aged 19+ – Grant of £500 is available
The employer and Apprentice must meet the following criteria:
- Be an SME (249 or less employees, across all sites) (Priority Sectors only)
- Be an SME (49 or less employees, across all sites) (Non-Priority Sectors)
- Business must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months (up to Apprenticeship start date)
- Apprentices workplace must be located in Tees Valley (see postcode checker available on the website)
- Employer must commit to paying the Apprentice at least the Apprentice National Minimum Wage for their age, including time for off-the-job training
- Employer must ensure the Apprenticeship is being delivered by an approved training provider (see Register of Training Providers)
- Apprentice and Employer must commit to completing a minimum of 12 months or the time it takes to complete the Apprenticeship
- Apprentices must start their learning from 1st February 2020
**Tees Valley Combined Authority will determine if your company falls within one of our identified priority sectors
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, at this time are only accepting email applications and postal applications won’t be considered.
The Apprenticeship Support Grant Application Form is available to download on the website.
Please use our postcode checker first to see if you could be eligible to apply.
The employer is required to return a completed Application Form and De-Minimis Aid Declaration to the Claims & Monitoring Team at Tees Valley Combined Authority. The Claims & Monitoring Team will acknowledge receipt and the application will then be assessed against the eligibility criteria.
All employers will be contacted by the Claims & Monitoring Team to advise on the status of their application within 10 working days.
To apply for the Apprenticeship Support Grant please fully complete the Application Form and De Minimis Aid Declaration and send to : Project.Team@teesvalley-ca.gov.uk If you have any queries, please contact the team on 01642 527985.