Tees Valley Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (TVAGE)
If you’re an SME in the Tees Valley area, did you know that up to £2,500 is available to you for employing an Apprentice?
The Tees Valley Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (TVAGE) is available to all Tees Valley based small and medium sized businesses (with up to 250 employees) employing Apprentices aged 16 to 24 years who are following an Apprenticeship Framework.
Grants are accessed through the training provider submitting a Request Form (put in a link here to the Request Form on the left). Training providers must be SFA registered.
Employers will be required to commit to:
- employ the Apprentice for the duration of their Apprenticeship training (a minimum of 12 months); and
- pay at least the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
TVAGE grant payments will be made in full upon completion of eligibility checks once the Apprentice has been in employment / training for 13 weeks.
For further information please see the Grant Guidance and Questions & Answers documents or contact the TVCA Project Team on 01642 524454 or click here to email the team
APRIL – JULY 2017 STARTS
TVAGE grants will continue to be offered as per the current grant scheme for January – March 2017 starts:
- All eligible applicants will continue to receive £1,500 of support per apprentice (comparable to the National AGE grant programme);
- The Combined Authority Board has also agreed that an additional payment of £1,000 (i.e. £2,500 in total) will be paid for apprenticeships which make a specific additional contribution to the delivery of the Strategic Economic Plan for the Tees Valley. This will apply to apprenticeships being delivered under the following apprenticeship frameworks:
- Digital & ICT; and
Please CLICK HERE for the list of SFA frameworks eligible for this additional payment.
The criteria below, which continues to represent an enhancement on the national programme, also remains as previous:
- The grant is available to all SME’s within the Tees Valley
- Tees Valley companies can start an apprentice and receive the grant regardless of whether they have taken one in the last 12 months, as long as the previous position is still within the business.
- Tees Valley companies can apply for up to 3 grants in a 12 month period.
Grant request forms for April – July 2017 starts can be submitted from Monday 3rd April 2017 to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that it is not necessary to have the Application or other documents ready before submitting the Request Form.