Innovation is a key part of Tees Valley’s success and is central to the future development of our economy. Sitting at the heart of Tees Valley’s growth plans, our vision is for Tees Valley to be at the forefront of innovative solutions to global problems.
We have the assets, sites, the skilled workforce and an export-led outlook to pilot and test new ideas and processes. We already have a strong track record of delivering innovation success and Tees Valley’s aim is to build on these successes, playing an even bigger role in delivering innovative solutions for the UK.
In a recent government report, Tees Valley was named the most innovative area in the north, and 7th overall – higher than London.
Tees Valley is already home to;
- The UK’s largest hydrogen plant
- The UK’s first biomass power station
- A world-leading graphene plant
- A unique subsea training facility
- The National Centre for Biologics
- One of the largest advanced gasification facilities in the world
- Plus, it will shortly house the UK’s first offshore wind validation centre and innovative new centres on biomedical research.
- We are also at the centre of major plans to produce a low-carbon economy, with the progression of an ambitious industrial carbon capture and storage initiative.
To see the full Tees Valley Innovation Strategy, click on the links on this page
A project combining the knowledge and expertise of four business growth specialists, provides the platform to help build innovation capacity and break into new markets and sectors with new products and services, to find out more about the innovate Tees Valley Programme please visit http://www.innovateteesvalley.co.uk