To achieve our ambitions, proposals must be developed effectively into investable and deliverable propositions, backed by strong business cases and sound evidence of impact. One of our main barriers to delivery is the upfront expenditure and partner capacity required to develop proposals into a full business case.
We committed this recyclable fund to assist with the development of strategic proposals, where no other funding is available. This ensures a robust business case is developed, providing Cabinet members with good-quality information to make investment decisions. This fund is also used to develop bids to other funders to leverage further investment into Tees Valley. The fund has supported a wide range of partners, has maximised the return on our investments, accelerated development and delivery of the investment programme and has provided loans to both public and private sector partners for feasibility work, evidence building and economic and financial modelling, including the development of commercial propositions and design.
Examples of pipeline projects we have supported to date:
- TeesAMP Site Remediation and Development
- Boho Digital Sector Next Generation Grow on Space
- Eaglescliffe Station Western Access
- Feethams Grade A Office Space
- Kirkleatham Estate
- Hartlepool Waterfront
- Redcar Railway Station Business Quarter
- River Tees Development Plan
- Skippers Lane Industrial Estate Expansion
- South Tees Development Corporation, Site Investigations
- Tees Valley Waste Strategy
- A689 Wynyard Road Improvements
- Tees Crossing
- Darlington North Link Road
- Snow Centre
- Darlington Sports Village
As projects secure funding to deliver, through any source, the development fund is repaid.
If you have any questions about this project please contact us.