Developing home-grown talent
Employment is at a record high and more students are in good or outstanding schools. But for too long, technical excellence has not been valued as highly as academic success. This needs to change. That’s why we are investing in home-grown talent.
- £7.5million for new ‘Routes to Work’ scheme to help 2,500 long-term unemployed back to work
- £1.3million new Apprenticeship Fund to prioritise quality vocational courses in high-growth sectors
- “Inspiring our Future” strategy launched to transform education, employment and skills and increase residents access to the planned 133,000 jobs available in Tees Valley by 2024
- Over-achieved on target for Tees Valley Enterprise Advisor Network with 47 schools/colleges and 55 Enterprise Advisors signed up
- Annual skills events engaging with over 2,000 young people from 30 different schools and colleges with 75 local and national employers, universities and learning providers