The Tees Valley Combined Authority in partnership with Stockton, Middlesbrough, Darlington and Redcar and Cleveland Borough Councils, has secured more than £3 million worth of funding to improve the energy efficiency of homes across the Tees Valley.
HUG funding is available to you whether you own or privately rent your home, subject to the eligibility criteria. Permission will also be required from your landlord if you are in private rented accommodation.
The following energy saving measures available are:
- Replacement Cavity Wall Insulation
- External Wall Insulation
- High Rention Storage Heaters
- Solar PV
- Solar Thermal
- Loft Insulation
- Double Glazing
- Draft proofing
- Air Source Heat Pump
To be eligible all of the following criteria must be met:
- your home must be “Off Gas” i.e., not connected to the gas network, or you heat your home via other low efficiency means (gas alternatives) for example, oil, solid fuel, electricity (low efficiency storage heaters) etc.
- the total household income must be less than £30,000 annually (may be higher in some instances).
- the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property must have a rating of E to G (in some cases D rating). If you don’t know your EPC rating, find out using the link below: https://find-energy-certificate.digital.communities.gov.uk/
- you must live in Redcar & Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton or Darlington council areas.
HUG is fully funded if you are an owner occupier (own your own home and live there).
If you are renting from a private landlord, we may ask for a one-third contribution from the landlord towards the work.
If you live in Hartlepool, don’t worry, Hartlepool Borough Council have secured their own funding for HUG! Please see their website for details
If your interested, please complete the expression of interest form below.