European Funding Opportunities
**NEW TEES VALLEY ERDF CALLS LAUNCHED **
Three new Tees Valley ERDF calls are now live. They are:
- ENHANCING ACCESS TO, AND USE AND QUALITY OF ICT – £1.1m
- SME COMPETITIVENESS – £10m
- LOW CARBON – £5m
Call documents can be found here. The deadline for all calls is Friday 25 May 2018.
ENHANCING ACCESS TO, AND USE AND QUALITY OF ICT – Priority Axis 2 – £1.1m
This call is looking to enhance access to, and use and quality of, Information and Communications Technology including:
- extend broadband deployment and the roll-out of high-speed networks and support the adoption of emerging technologies and networks for the digital economy
- develop Information and Communications Technology products and services,
e-commerce, and enhancing demand for Information and Communications Technology
SME COMPETITIVENESS – PRIORITY AXIS 3 (Revenue Activity only) – £10m
This call is looking to enhance the competitiveness of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and specifically:
- Supporting the creation and the extension of advanced capacities for products, services and development
Applicants will need to demonstrate complementarity with the existing Business Compass Programme and Innovate Tees Valley’s suite of innovation support.
LOW CARBON – PRIORITY AXIS 4 (Capital and Revenue Activity) – up to £5m
This call is looking to support the shift towards a low carbon economy in all sectors and in particular:
- promote the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable resources
- promote energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises
- support energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including in public buildings, and in the housing sector
- promote low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation-relevant adaptation measures
- promote research and innovation in, and adoption of, low-carbon technologies
TIME AND MONEY IS RUNNING OUT ……
Calls for the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) in Tees Valley remain OPEN but time is limited as the deadline for Expressions of Interest is 31st May 2018.
Call information and guidance can be accessed here.
The European Structural and Investment Funds programme (ESIF) provides funds to help local areas across the EU grow. The funds support investment in innovation, businesses, skills and employment and create jobs.
In Tees Valley, the ESIF Programme is made up of the:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- European Social Fund (ESF)
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
The Tees Valley European Structural and Investment Funds Strategy sets out the key priorities for the investment of the European Funds. It is available to download here.
In addition to the Tees Valley ESIF Programme, there are a wide range of Transnational Programmes which are accessed directly from the European Commission.