Tees Valley Combined Authority is responsible for the Adult Education Budget for the Tees Valley, which was devolved to us from the Education Skills Funding Agency in August 2019. The aim of the Adult Education Budget is to fund and deliver adult skills provision to local residents who are aged 19+.
Through the Adult Education Budget, we aim to:
- Help more adults access English, Maths, Digital, and their first level 2 and 3 qualifications, including those adults who do not have any qualifications
- Make sure that our adult skills provision meets the skills needs of local employers, leading to employment for the unemployed, or career progression for those already in work
- Provide “second chance” opportunities for those adults who are looking for a career change into a job in a high demand, high growth or priority sector and require a second level 2 or level 3 qualification
- Improve progression to next level learning
- Make sure that adults have improved access to skills programmes that are flexible and fit around them, whether that’s through online learning, classroom based, work based or evening and weekend provision
There is a wide range of funded support available through the Adult Education Budget that is delivered by local councils, colleges, and independent training providers.
A list of AEB funded providers and their sub-contractors can be found here.
For all enquiries relating to Adult Education Budget please contact [email protected]