A draft Strategic Transport Plan will be published August- October 2019 for public consultation. It will include further details on our plans up until 2026.
A number of documents will also be developed to support the Strategic Transport Plan including:
- A Tees Valley Road Strategy – a prioritised programme of local highway improvements to support our strategic priorities, which include facilitating housing and employment growth
- A Tees Valley Freight Strategy – identifying investment priorities to facilitate planned freight growth across the Tees Valley and beyond
- A Tees Valley Rail Strategy – outlining the further enhancement of local rail services through active involvement in the new North East Rail Management Unit, to build on franchise improvements and our recent investment in station facilities
- A Tees Valley Bus Strategy – further network enhancement to build on the recent Tees Valley Bus Network Improvements investment. The Bus Services Act will provide the opportunity to work with operators to develop the necessary future network
- A Tees Valley Walking & Cycling Strategy – continued development of a complementary programme of cycling, walking and other sustainable transport measures to support economic growth as well as health and well-being
- Our five partner Local Authorities will produce individual transport implementation plans which will set out local measures to be delivered by each of the boroughs
These documents will appear on this page once they become available.