Do you find transport a barrier for attending work or training?
Do you live in the Tees Valley?
Do you have a firm offer of a job, training course or college place or are already in employment which you’re struggling to get to?
Are you at least 17 years old?
Tees Valley Wheels 2 Work can support you to remove the barrier of transportation to access employment or training opportunities.
What is Tees Valley Wheels 2 Work?
The scheme is designed to provide an innovative way of overcoming transport barriers by hiring an electric motorbike to working age people in the Tees Valley for up to a six-month period, until a longer-term transport solution can be found.
How does the hire work?
An electric motorbike can be hired from the scheme for £30 a week or £130 a month to support eligible Tees Valley residents who are unable to access employment or training due to living in remote areas which are currently not well serviced by public transport links or who work outside of normal working hours.
Is an electric motorbike the best solution to my transport problem?
The scheme operates Super Soco CPx electric motorbikes. The Super Soco CPx uses ‘Twist & Go’ automatic gears, and boasts a top speed of 56mph, comparable to that of a 125cc scooter but with the benefit of none of the maintenance. It as an 80-130 mile range on a full charge, and it’s compact, removable, rechargeable dual battery system can be fully charged in 3-4 hours.
The batteries used by the CPx don’t require any special sockets like an electric car. The motorbike can be charged directly, or the batteries can be removed and charged at home or in a workplace.
Who is Tees Valley Wheels 2 Work for?
To be eligible for the scheme you need to be able to answer yes to the statements below:
- I live in the Tees Valley (Darlington, Stockton, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland)
- I have a firm offer of a job, training course or college place, and am able to produce written proof OR I am already in work, training or college, but am struggling to get there
- There is no convenient public transport for my journey
- I am at least 17 years’ old
- If under 18, I have a parent or guardians’ consent to join the scheme
- I have, a provisional driving licence
- I am willing to undertake and pass the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training)
- I am able pay the upfront payment and regular hire payments required for the duration of the hire period.
- I am able to pay the required insurance excess in the event of an accident, damage or theft (£500)
- I will comply with the terms and conditions of the hire
For more information from our team and to register your interest in the scheme, please complete the following form
To chat to one of our team you can call 01642 130833 or email email@example.com