Business and Economy
Tees Valley is a world renowned industrial centre and we have an established history and expertise in business and industry, making it the heart and soul of our economy. Ever changing and evolving, Tees Valley meets the needs of modern industry, retaining our reputation for delivering large-scale projects in this sector.
Whilst industrial sites remain a key part of what we do, there has also been significant growth and development in many other sectors, including digital and creative, engineering, biologics and healthcare and contact centres. This is in large due to our innovative state of the art facilities and availability of low-cost premises
Key sectors include:
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Chemicals and Processing
- Creative and Digital
- Renewable Energy
- Offshore Oil and Gas
One thing that really makes Tees Valley stand out as a forward-thinking business location is the way the area looks after its businesses. Here at Tees Valley Unlimited (TVU) we have a Business Investment team with a strong track record of attracting investment into the area. Our team can offer the best possible support and advice to help potential inward investors locate to an area that can offer immense possibilities.
Key facts about the Tees Valley economy
- Total of £1.346 billion capital expenditure in Tees Valley since 2011 (that’s £6.5 million a week!)
- £174 million of investment secured through schemes like the Local Growth Fund, which will deliver projects across the area up until 2021
- Investment of £764 million in Enterprise Zone projects since 2011
- Over 8,000 jobs secured since 2011